If you’re just starting out on Instagram, posting photos can be pretty depressing. When all your excitement and hard work are met by nothing more than few likes from a handful of followers, it’s easy to get discouraged. But you have to remember why you started and keep going. This article will help by giving you some tips for increasing your followers and likes.
1. Use hashtags that describe your photos and niche, also post hashtags that increase engagement: #like4like #business #photooftheday etc.
2. Like hundreds of pictures from bigger accounts in your niche.
3. Like and comment on other users’ photos. This is the best way to gain new followers.
4. Post one or two pictures per day. One in the morning and one before you go to bed, this way people from all around the world can see your content.
5. Quality beats quantity. Edit your account to leave only the best images and make sure your posts are high quality.
6. Make sure your bio is complete. Make sure you describe your account and put your email or link to your website.
7. Ask questions in the captions of your photos. This is a great way to increase engagement.
8. Be consistent. Post everyday at the same time.
9. Don't be spammy. Nobody wants to see 10 same photos in 2 minutes.
10. Follow bigger and similar accounts.
11. Engage with your followers in comments, thank them for commenting and answer their questions.
12. Ask bigger accounts to shout you out. Some bigger accounts sell them but you get tons of new followers.
13. Tag bigger accounts in your photos. This ensures those photos show up in those users’ feeds, and makes it more likely they’ll share them.
14. Post bright photos or black and white photos.
15. Use the word ‘like’ and 'comment' in your captions.
16. Post image quotes. Image quotes on social media are huge. Post motivational, inspirational or any tipe of quotes over your images.
17. Ask another account with similar followers as you to do a shoutout for shoutout. You shout them out and they shout you out.
I hope this helps you to get more followers and engagement on your Instagram account!